- This event has passed.
Cornell Cooperative Extension Nutrition Class
January 31 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Local Food to You Workshops
January 24 @ 6:00 pm – March 7 @ 7:00 pm
CCE Jefferson and CCE Lewis are co-hosting six workshops from January to March highlighting local meat producers in our area. Each workshop will host a different local farm to discuss their farm business, as well as include a live cooking demonstration with free samples. All participants who qualify will receive a free $24 voucher, which can be used on local foods, including meat products, being sold at the workshop from the farm!
These funds are provided by The Pratt Northam Foundation and The North Country Food & Farm Connection, with the hope of connecting consumers to fresh and locally produced meat throughout the winter. Access to local foods throughout the winter months can be extremely difficult, but workshops like “Local Food to You” provide consumers with the convenience of shopping directly from the farmer. CCE plans on hosting similar workshops throughout the growing season to feature a selection of seasonal items.
The workshops are being held as followed:
- January 24th from 6 to 7pm at the Carthage Free Library featuring County Cousins Farm
- January 31st from 6 to 7 pm at the Carthage Free Library featuring Northrop Farms
- February 7th from 6 to 7pm at the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Lewis County
- February 21st from 6 to 7 pm at the Croghan Free Library
- February 28th from 6 to 7 pm at the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Lewis County
- March 7th from 6 to 7 pm at the Lyons Falls Free Library
More businesses, such as Grassroots Meats, Adirondack Beef Company, and Shady Grove Farms, will also be featured throughout the workshops.
Space is limited so register now to secure your spot and a free $24 voucher, courtesy of The Pratt Northam Foundation and the NCFFC!