Is a volunteer organization working to increase awareness of the Carthage Free Library. The Friends support and promote the library’s services to the community by providing financial support for programs, increasing community outreach and help with facility improvement.
As a friend you can help the Library in many ways…..
- Work within the community to create awareness of the library’s need and services offered
- Volunteer to work in a variety of programming that the library offers, according to their own interests and preferences
- Support the library through fund raising activities and events
- You might even suggest new programming
We love our Volunteers!
Have you been looking for a volunteer opportunity? The Carthage Free Library may be the place for you. Whether you are volunteering as part of the Participation in Government class, Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts, court ordered community service or for personal enrichment we can use your help. The Trustees and staff at the Carthage Free Library appreciate your time and interest in volunteering and want to make it a rewarding and fulfilling experience. If you are interested please click below to fill out and submit the form. We will then contact you to set up time for your service.
When volunteering we do ask the following….
- To better serve they public and maintain an adequate schedule for supervision and liability purposes, you only work when scheduled to do so by the director or library assistant.
- Scheduling will be done in 2 hour increments.
- Volunteers must sign in and out which will allow us to keep an accurate record of the hours served and recognize those who may deserve special recognition for the time they have donated.
Thank you for your interest. We can’t keep our level of service without you.
Carthage Free Library fund raisers are a great opportunity for volunteering.
- Trivia Nights
- Wine Tasting
- Book Sales
- Bake Sales
- Silent Auction